Though sometimes, pop-up windows carry valuable information for the users, they mostly distract their attention. Luckily, Google Chrome browser prevents them from automatic appearing. But what if you really need this information? You should keep in mind that it is up to you to decide whether you need to allow or block pop-up windows. In this insightful review, we’ll check a few great tips on how to turn off pop up blocker or how to allow pop ups on Chrome. So get comfortable and have a look!
How to Enable Pop Ups on Chrome Manually?
If you want to see all these pop-up windows, you need to do the following:
- Launch your browser and open the Chrome menu.
- Choose the option “Settings”.
- Now, activate the option “Choose advanced settings”.
- Find the privacy section in it and activate it.
- Open the “Content settings” menu.
- When you find the “Pop-ups” section, you need to allow them.
That is all! If they don’t irritate you and don’t distract your attention, you can enjoy the content.
How to Stop Pop ups on Chrome?
Though Chrome mostly blocks the majority of pop-ups, no one is impervious to mistakes. It may happen that some pop-ups squeak through. Therefore, you need to block them by adding to the block list in your browser. Following these guidelines, you’ll easily do it yourself:
- Find the menu button and click on it.
- After this, you need to go to “Settings”.
- When the Settings tab is opened, you need to choose the option “Advanced”.\
- Scroll down and press on “Content Settings”.
- You’ll see a list of all the settings. Your option is “Pop-ups and redirects”.
- When you open this section, you’ll see a list of all the websites that are blocked. To block pop-ups, you need to press on three dots near its name and choose the option “Block”.
- If a website is not listed here, you need to press the “Add” button, type its URL in the prompt and press “Add”.
Now, this particular web address is blocked and its pop-up windows won’t irritate you anymore.
No one but you can decide whether you need to allow pop-ups or block them. Following our guidelines, you’ll easily either activate a pop up blocker in Chrome or turn it off.