Google obviously has the possibility of non-exclusivity and this means you can use an entirely different search engine on the Chrome browser or even go ahead to tweak applications so as to get the best out of your user experience or even block unnecessary and unrequired websites which provide content you may wish not to be associated with. Compatibility and functionality concerns are non-existent as Chrome has been designed to allow people switch their default search engines at will or even block or disable websites or content and so much more. Above, we have offered a few insights into how this can be done in terms of how best to restrict i and why it should be used or not. In the same way as you can change or add new search engines or even make Google your search engine on Chrome dependent if the one you have used does not meet expectations or is not robust enough, you can also ensure your GPU is essentially relieving the CPU of some of its stress or you block or disable access to websites like Facebook as you deem necessary. Again, the choice remains all yours and yours alone to make. Whatever it may be, be sure you can apply the option as required and when you need to for a smooth and desired user experience.
Basically, most or all users of Google Chrome would quite agree that this is the most popularly used browser in the world as of today. This is not surprising as Google, the parent company that owns Chrome has other integrated applications that users make use of and that have tie-ins with the Chrome browser itself. As there are many users, so there is also room for continuous improvement of the Chrome browser and possibly, other Google applications which people use on a day-to-day basis. The reliance on Chrome as the browser of choice by many means that any slight downtime or even error from crashes and so on or even having unwanted pop-ups from certain websites may have a huge impact. It may also be convenient to go ahead and block or restrict certain websites from children or employees in the case of an office environment. For websites such as Facebook or indeed any other social media platform, there are many ways you can go ahead to disable or blocking Facebook on Chrome. One can also readily control content from any of these other social media platforms as you may deem fit. This may be a necessary action as already considered above as we go ahead to consider ways this can be done.
Manual Addition of Restrictions
Users can also manually add restrictions without using a third-party application or tool to block adult websites on Chrome. This means that you would need to add the URL of the particular sites to be restricted, in this case – Facebook. This could be done through the following steps;
- Firstly, you go ahead to launch Chrome and then go to its Settings page when you click on the icon with three dots located on the top right-hand corner.
- Then, you can proceed to the Network Settings and then the Proxy Settings.
- Then you go to the Security tab after you must have launched the Internet Properties interface. You can then select Restricted Sites and then click in sites option.
- As this opens, a pop-up page comes up for Restricted Sites where you can manually input the URL of the websites you wish to restrict and then click on the Add option.
- You can then save these changes on Chrome and relaunch it for use.
Using an Application
Using the application HT Facebook Blocker is one of the ways you can go ahead to block access to adult websites on Chrome. The application itself is not readily available on Google Play store but can be found online. This application works to allow blockage of inappropriate content such as adult websites or even Facebook. The application has to be installed on both devices and it is quite easy to set up. It could also be installed on the devices as used by employees at work and maybe, the line manager. It would however require, permissions from the kid’s or employee phone.
This option works automatically unlike most that would be deliberated in this article which need manual intervention to work properly and as desired.
Using Chrome’s Safe Search
Basically, Chrome also comes with a Safe Search feature which works to automatically restrict access to any explicit and adult content. To activate this, simply proceed to the Settings and then Search Settings. Turning on the Safe Search feature ensures that when anyone searches for anything inappropriate, Chrome works to ensure that the results for whatever is searched for is altered while the web pages are filtered. This can work especially where you need to restrict access or block Facebook on Chrome although it may go ahead to provide you with extensive restriction.
Using Chrome’s Supervised User
Chrome does also have a feature called Supervised User which can be deployed as a tool for parental control or employee monitoring and so on. It usually involves the creation of a dedicated account for kids or whoever needs to be restricted from having access where one can manually set the restrictions as you deem fit. To set this up, you can follow the below steps;
- Firstly, go to the Settings page and check the User option and then add new user or users as the case may be.
- You can then provide few basic details required in order to create a new account.
- You can then go to chrome.com/manage to be able to view the accounts you had added. From there, you can select the account you want to manage from the right tab.
- Selecting the account, you can then scroll down a bit to see the Manage Permissions area.
- You can then input the URL of all the websites you want to block under Blocked Sites, which in this case is Facebook.