Record audio with the free program Voice Recorder for Windows 10 is used to record interviews, conversations, lectures, podcasts, and much more
Voice Recorder is a free program that is part of the Windows 10 operating system suite.
The program is straightforward, but thanks to it, you can create audio recordings quickly and clearly without using a professional program or a unique recording device.
With a Voice Recorder, you can practice with speech, before an interview or for fun. This application works great with Windows 10 and has several advantages. Let’s take a closer look at what a Voice Recorder is.
Recording audio on your Windows 10 PC with Voice Recorder
Let’s look at the correct way to record audio:
- Step 1. Turn on your Windows 10 PC or laptop.
- Step 2. Go to the “Microsoft Store” application.
- Step 3. Under “Microsoft Store,” go to the search bar to enter the words “Microsoft Voice Recorder” and then press “Enter.”
- Step 4. To start downloading the free “Microsoft Voice Recorder” program, you need to click on the “Get” button. Next, run the application.
- Step 5. As soon as “Windows Voice Recorder” loads, you can start to get acquainted with the program. Just click on the “Record” button and activate recording sounds. To do this, press the “Ctrl” + “R” keys, and the application will start recording.
- Step 6. Do you need to stop recording sounds? Press the “Stop” button. A new menu will show all the available files that you can listen to and rename.
- Step 7. To play the recorded audio file, click on “Play.” Export, Trim, or Delete are additional file management features.
Sharing your audio recording on social networks and via email
Sharing your recording on social media or via email is relatively easy by following these steps:
- Open Start.
- Find a Video Recorder and open it.
- You need to select the recording that is placed in the left pane.
- Now click on ” Share” (the button is on the bottom right corner).
The application supports importing audio files to other projects. To do this, copy and paste the files from the “Recordings” folder into any folder, such as “Documents.”
Possible Voice Recorder problems and fixes
Recording problems can occur at the most inopportune times. Problems arise with both the microphone and privacy settings.
Voice recorder microphone access problems. The solution:
- Go to Settings.
- Click on “Privacy.”
- Then click on “microphone.”
- Go to “Allow microphone access on this device,” where you need to click on “Change.”
- Now we need to enable the microphone for this device switch.
- Next, go to “Allow apps to access your microphone,” where the toggle switch should be “On.”
With these steps, users will be able to get busy recording sounds thanks to Voice Recorder.
Microphone problems and troubleshooting
This application may not recognize the microphone. To fix the problem, go to the “Sound” troubleshooter:
- Now open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Next, go to the Sound button.
- Under “Login,” the user needs to click on “Troubleshoot.”
The microphone problems will be resolved by following the above steps, and Voice Recorder will detect them.
You may not adjust the microphone because the device is not correctly connected to your device. For a USB microphone, a different USB cable/port will solve the problem.
Problems with the Bluetooth microphone
To solve the Bluetooth microphone problem, do the following steps:
- Your device should be available under Settings – Devices – Bluetooth. Check to see if Bluetooth is enabled on the user’s device on the settings page.
Here are some useful tips on how to record sound using the Voice Recorder app on Windows 10. Use all the information and knowledge to record sounds correctly. With a Voice Recorder, you can prepare for essential speeches, interviews, crucial record moments, practice before recording on radio or TV. A few steps will help you understand this app on Windows 10 and work with it without any problems!