Restoring iPhone from iTunes is a superb way to move your files to a new smartphone or recover them because of a technical issue. iTunes is used for many purposes but one of its greatest missions is to backup your iOS device.
From time to time, we all buy new mobile devices. If you don’t want to spend a few hours setting a new phone up from scratch, you can restore files from a backup. Just a few clicks and you can use a new device!
Moreover, if you see that your device malfunctions, you can feel certain that your personal files can be easily restored from a backup. Well, how to restore iPhone? What guidelines to follow? Look through this manual and you’ll easily cope with the task yourself.
How to Restore iPhone from iCloud?
If you are a user of Apple devices, you need to keep in mind that Apple allows you to backup your device in iTunes or iCloud. Let’s begin with iCloud:
- Switch on your device. When you do this, you’ll see a Hello screen. Before you can restore from your backup, you should erase the content.
- Follow all the setup steps.
- When you see the category the “Apps and Data screen”, you need to choose the option “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud (use your Apple ID);
- Now you need to select a backup;
- When you are logged in, it is time to choose a backup. After that, the transfer begins.
- If the phone asks, you need to sign in to the Apple ID account and you’ll be able to restore your data.
- You need to stay connected and wait until a progress bar appears on your screen. Depending on the size, this procedure might take a few minutes or even one hour.
That is all! Now you can enjoy using a new device! If you accidentally disconnected from the internet, the procedure will stop and reconnect again later.
How to Restore iPhone from iTunes?
There’s another solution to this problem:
- Launch iTunes on your computer (the device that you used before to backup your phone);
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone to your laptop;
- Select the device in iTunes;
- Choose “Restore Backup”;
- Check the size of every backup and choose the one you need most of all;
- Now, press on the button “Restore” and wait for a few minutes until the process ends.
- You may be asked to enter your password.
That is all! Now you can use your device. However, there’s one thing you need to be aware of – keep your smartphone connected to a laptop after it restarts. After the sync finishes, you can easily disconnect it.
Now, you know how to restore iPhone from backup and can easily do it yourself! Some users are dismissive of this procedure. However, it can save hours of your precious time! It is much better to restore files than to set a new smartphone manually.