When it comes to online browsing, we all have different preferences. Some users still prefer Internet Explorer whereas others can’t imagine their everyday browsing without Google Chrome or Opera. In this review, we’ll analyze how to make Chrome default browser in a few clicks.
Though this process is easy and takes a few minutes only, you should keep in mind that it may vary depending on the operating system you use. Moreover, if you are a user of Mac OS, you can’t do that until you jailbreak your computer.
How to Make Chrome Default Browser in Windows 10?
First, you need to install Google Chrome if you still don’t have this browser on your computer. If after the installation procedure it doesn’t ask you to set Chrome as default browser, you need to do the following:
- Open the start menu of a browser and press on the Setting/Gear button. In doing so, you’ll open the Settings application.
- Now, go to Apps – Default apps.
- Find the browser entry, activate “Choose an app field” and then choose Google Chrome in the list. As a result, you’ll set Chrome as your default browser!
How to Set Chrome as Default Browser with the Help of Default Programs?
This is another solution to this problem. Following this guide, you need to do the following:
- Find a taskbar search box and type “Default Programs” in it. If you see that this bar doesn’t show the information about Default Programs, you need to open the Control panel on your device. Now, change “View by” to “Small icons”. After that, click on “Default Programs”.
- When you launch Default Programs, press on “Set your default programs”.
- Find Google Chrome entry and press on this button. Choose the option “Set this program as default”.
- That is all!
Complete one of two directions and you’ll easily make Chrome your default browser!