Running automatically on the Windows startup tab is one of the most annoying things about the new version of uTorrent. Naturally, most PC users don’t need a torrent client open anytime they are using the computer. Closing the program tab can get irritating and keep it on will slow the system down.
In this post, you will learn how to stop uTorrent from opening on startup Windows 10 with a step-by-step guide.
Way #1. Disabling autorun within the client
- Step 1. Open uTorrent.
- Step 2. Choose Options -> Preferences
- Step 3. Choose the General section and uncheck the box next to the ‘Start uTorrent on system startup’.
- Step 4. Click ‘Ok’.
Now that you know how to stop uTorrent 3.5 from opening on startup windows 10 from within the app, it doesn’t hurt to stop uTorrent from starting automatically within the system itself.
Way #2. Disabling uTorrent autorun using the ‘Startup’ tab
In order to disable uTorrent from starting on the startup tab, you can go with the following steps.
- Step 1. Open the ‘Start’ tab.
- Step 2. Go to Settings -> Apps -> Startup.
- Step 3. Select uTorrent in the list of apps.
- Step 4. Change On to Off.
Way #3. Removing uTorrent from the Startup directory
There have been cases among Windows 10 users when the client has not been displayed in the list of apps in the ‘Startup’ tab and uTorrent starts on startup. Luckily, it’s not the only way to remove uTorrent from the list of programs that start automatically. Another way to do it is by accessing the hard drive directory.
- Step 1. Go to the path C: -> ProgramData -> Microsoft -> Windows -> Start Menu -> Programs -> Startup.
- Step 2. Find the uTorrent folder.
- Step 3. Remove the uTorrent folder from the list of folders.
If uTorrent opens on startup windows, those listed above are the ways to prevent it from happening. You can go with either one or do both just for insurance. After restarting your computer, uTorrent will no longer show up at the startup panel.