A few years ago, it was really hard to access someone’s computer remotely. This procedure commonly required too expensive software. Moreover, this procedure took some time and not every user could do this. Now, if you need to browse in a device of your friend, colleague or neighbor, you can use either a special application or Google remote access capabilities. Thanks to a free Chrome Remote Desktop service from Google, one can easily obtain access to absolutely any device. In other words, you can browse in the other computer as if you are sitting in front of it.
Using this service is rather easy. All you need to do is to pick a type of connection and follow our simple steps. As a result, you’ll be able to remotely connect to absolutely any device.
What Is Chrome Remote Desktop?
Some users are still thinking that giving access to their laptops or mobile devices remotely is risky. We are going to dispel your doubts. It is easier than you might think! You should keep in mind that Chrome Remote Desktop is protected by a Pin and depends upon an Access Code when you open your computer to another user. No one but you knows your Pin. Moreover, every time the Remote Assistance session ends, the Access code also expires. Therefore, you can easily use this tool; it is quite safe!
How to Use Chrome Remote Desktop?
The first thing you must do is to download Chrome Remote Desktop. To do this, follow our clear guide:
- Log in to your Google Account. Remember that you should always be logged in before each session.
- Find Chrome Remote Desktop for PC in the Chrome Web Store and add it to your device.
- When you do this, you need to allow the Chrome Remote Desktop to access your device. Find the button “Add” and click on it!
- Open the Chrome App Launcher, find this extension and click the icon
Now, you are almost done! It is time to test the app and browse in someone’s computer remotely!
Tips on How to Access the Other Computer Remotely
When you download the Chrome Remote Desktop extension, you can go to any computer. You can use this great tool for two purposes:
- User-to-user screen sharing. This option is mostly used for providing technical support remotely.
- Access your device from another computer remotely. Thanks to this mode, one can connect a user to another device in a browser tab.
Well, what should you do to start working? So get comfortable and have a look!
- Find Remote Assistance and Click the button “Get Started”.
- If you wish to make your device available to remote access, you should click on “Share”. But if you need to control another device, you need to click on “Access”.
- Now, you can see a short Access Code. You need to enter it on the sharing computer. When you do this, you can start controlling it.
- After that, Google Chrome sends a notification to the owner of a device to let the user know that someone accessed his or her computer. If you want to end the session, you need to click the button “Stop Sharing”.
- Now, you can see the desktop of the shared device. You need to choose whether you want to shrink it to fit or expand it to a full screen.
When you finish your work, you need to press the button “Disconnect” and the session will be finished. The other user will also see a notification window, informing them that the session is over.
Another great benefit of Chrome Remote Desktop is that you can also access your computers remotely. To do this, you need to connect all your devices to the Google account. As a result, you’ll have access to all the files you have on your desktop!